Senior Product Designer
What we do
AltoVita provides flexible living to employees anywhere in the world.
Most corporations, NGOs and government agencies do not typically endorse the use of (other) property platforms by their employees, because they do not deem them sufficiently safe for staff in their care. Therefore, companies have to resort to a highly fragmented property distribution system and as a result employees experience a slower, less transparent and more expensive journey to finding temporary accommodation for professional travel.
This is where we come in. Our founders experienced the frustrations of temporary corporate accommodation firsthand and decided that safety shouldn’t be a sacrifice. Today, the AltoVita platform boasts over 1.5 million properties in 1,553 locations and 165 countries, with a key difference: every property is vetted and Duty of Care compliant, and our customer service team is on hand 24/7 to assist should any issue arise. This is why more and more organisations want us to take care of their employees’ stays away from home, and why employees all over the world will know who we are by 2025.
About the role
- The Senior Product Designer is an accomplished product design professional with at least 5 years of experience in crafting and implementing product experiences, preferably in B2B settings.
- You are a strong advocate for user-centered design, possessing a keen ability to convert your understanding of user needs into functional and visually pleasing interfaces across various touchpoints.
- You are adept at working collaboratively, ensuring that your users, team, and stakeholders are engaged throughout the process.
- Be proactive and hands-on, spot immediate opportunities for improvement, and contribute to medium to long-term design strategy.
- Support the company's design evolution, carefully identifying potential risks and dependencies to minimize disruption.
- Uphold excellent design standards and guidelines to ensure quality and consistency across our products and platforms. Be an instrumental contributor in advancing our design system and UX infrastructure.
- Work closely with the product team, contribute to UX research, design reviews, and retrospectives for product initiatives.
- Deepen your knowledge of our industry and domain, playing a key role in roadmap-related discussions.
- Contribute significantly to all aspects of product design, including interaction design, UX Research, UX writing, and prototyping.
- Learn from and contribute to your team of product designers, providing support and guidance to help them reach their goals and objectives.
- Foster transparency among internal and external stakeholders, with proactive and effective communication about progress, bottlenecks, and risks.
- Contribute to enhancing our operational processes and company culture.
- Stay abreast of the latest design trends and technologies, incorporating them into our work wherever appropriate.
- Extensive experience in similar roles. Successful candidates usually have 5 years of experience or more in similar roles.
- You are a remarkable Designer with a solid track record of delivering impactful product experiences that have achieved commercial success, especially in the B2B scene.
- You are a master in design fundamentals and knitting them together with strong attention to detail. You have strong visual design skills, and a passion for high-quality fit and finish.
- You have an agile mindset and embrace the process of rapid prototyping for product experiments. You champion human-centered and inclusive design and accessibility and you understand the design patterns behind habit-forming products.
- You are an exceptional communicator (in English) and a great listener.
Ways of Working
AltoVita is a fully remote team. Although we have regular touch-points throughout the week, share a virtual office on Wonder, and meet up in London twice a year, trust is essential for us to work effectively as a team. Our founders empower us to make decisions autonomously, and in turn expect that we also empower our direct reports.
Join our Team
AltoVita is the sum of every member of the team. We know that a strong team is a diverse team, and are therefore committed to being an equal opportunity employer, so please bring all of yourself to the interviews and most importantly to our team.
Becoming an AltoVitian means you will benefit from:
- A team that will always put you first
- Incredible opportunities for growth and career advancement
- A fully-remote working environment, and the flexibility to be the master of your own schedule
- Wellness benefits and a wellness budget, which can be spent on a range of options including gym memberships, home meal delivery services, mindfulness applications, and many more
- Two unforgettable team-building gatherings in London every year for AltoVitians from around the world
- A work-from-home allowance to get your home-office set up
- 23 days of paid vacation, on top of national holidays, so you can recharge or explore