Relief Veterinarian - San Francisco, CA
We started Modern Animal in 2018 with a simple mission to build next-generation veterinary care by leveraging technology to improve the lives of pets, the people who love them, and the healthcare partners who take care of them. We’re rethinking systems and processes to improve the efficiency of the veterinary clinic in meaningful ways, giving the veterinarian not only the time, support, and tools s/he needs to practice the best medicine possible, but making it easier for the client to access the care their pet needs, when they need it.
At Modern Animal, we put innovative veterinary thinkers and brilliant software engineers in the same room and asked them to build a new kind of veterinary experience from the ground up. The result? A job that will rekindle your love affair with veterinary medicine. Come join a group of highly-skilled individuals who are reinventing the people experience in veterinary medicine, both for clients and clinicians.
As Modern Animal expands our physical footprint, we’re looking for a talented team of Relief Veterinarians to support our current hospital teams.
What does a Relief Veterinarian do:
- Deliver the highest standard of medical care to all Modern Animal patients
- See Modern Animal patients for scheduled and same-day, next-day appointments only, no surgery or dentistry
- Work alongside a hospital team that is empowered and trained to deliver an unparalleled client experience, both in-clinic and virtually
- Live and model the Modern Animal cultural vision by encouraging work/life balance, self-compassion, and a blame- and judgement-free work environment
What you can expect from us:
- Shifts available on a monthly basis
- Competitive compensation for shifts
- Work with a great and supportive team
Requirements of a Relief Veterinarian:
- Must have active license to practice veterinary medicine in California at the start of employment with Modern Animal
- License must be in good standing with no malpractice or disciplinary actions
- Will be required to complete a compensated training shift before being scheduled for relief shifts
The pay range for this position is $1,100 - $1,650 per 10 hour shift; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits may be offered dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the California Pay Transparency Act. Base pay information is based on geographic location.
We believe an equitable and inclusive work environment and a diverse, empowered team are key to achieving our mission. We’re not looking for candidates who are “culture fits.” We’re looking for candidates who can expand our culture and challenge business as usual. We strive to foster an environment where all staff can bring their whole selves to work, by their own definition, and we strive to provide all candidates with an equitable and accessible recruitment process.
We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics.
In addition to federal law requirements, we comply with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
If we can offer accommodations for you in the recruitment process, or if you have feedback on how to make our recruiting more equitable or accessible, please let us know!