Relief Veterinarian - Austin, TX
Prefer to watch instead of read? Check out “Inside Modern Animal” for a glimpse into what makes Modern Animal different.
With a technology-forward approach and a deep commitment to our people, Modern Animal is building the next generation of general practice veterinary care—one that balances the needs of practitioners just as much as pet owners and their animals. Our veterinarians are equipped with the tools, structure and support they need to practice the highest quality of medicine, without compromising on the boundaries between work and life.
What you can expect at Modern Animal:
- Warm, modern clinic environments that put you, the client, and the pet at ease
- A 24/7 virtual care team there for your patients as an added layer of support
- A dedicated in-clinic support team empowered to be involved more deeply in care
- Structured schedules that give you time to catch your breath—you’ll work a single flow per shift (exam, urgent, or procedure)
- Grow your skills and career path how you want with mentorship programs, support for CE, and clear career growth paths
- A growth oriented organization ever evolving to build a better place for all
- Thoughtful onboarding and training that’s customizable for your individual needs
- An in-house technology platform built to reduce the time you spend on admin tasks and take the headache out of record-keeping
- A vibrant, supportive, blame-free culture made up of people who are all here to change veterinary medicine for the better
What does a Relief Veterinarian do:
- Deliver the highest standard of medical care to all Modern Animal patients
- See Modern Animal patients for scheduled and same-day, next-day appointments only, no surgery or dentistry
- Work alongside a hospital team that is empowered and trained to deliver an unparalleled client experience, both in-clinic and virtually
- Live and model the Modern Animal cultural vision by encouraging work/life balance, self-compassion, and a blame- and judgement-free work environment
Requirements of a Relief Veterinarian:
- Must have active license to practice veterinary medicine in Texas at the start of employment with Modern Animal
- License must be in good standing with no malpractice or disciplinary actions
- Will be required to complete a compensated training shift before being scheduled for relief shifts
The pay range for this position is $1,000 - $1,350 per 10 hour shift; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and equity grant units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the California Pay Transparency Act. Base pay information is based on geographic location.
We believe an equitable and inclusive work environment and a diverse, empowered team are key to achieving our mission. We’re not looking for candidates who are “culture fits.” We’re looking for candidates who can expand our culture and challenge business as usual. We strive to foster an environment where all staff can bring their whole selves to work, by their own definition, and we strive to provide all candidates with an equitable and accessible recruitment process.
We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics.
In addition to federal law requirements, we comply with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
If we can offer accommodations for you in the recruitment process, or if you have feedback on how to make our recruiting more equitable or accessible, please let us know!