Lead Veterinarian - San Francisco (Russian Hill)
Prefer to watch instead of read? Check out “Inside Modern Animal” for a glimpse into what makes Modern Animal different.
With a technology-forward approach and a deep commitment to our people, Modern Animal is building the next generation of general practice veterinary care—one that balances the needs of practitioners just as much as pet owners and their animals. Our veterinarians are equipped with the tools, structure and support they need to practice the highest quality of medicine, without compromising on the boundaries between work and life.
What you can expect at Modern Animal:
- Warm, modern clinic environments that put you, the client, and the pet at ease
- A 24/7 virtual care team there for your patients as an added layer of support
- A dedicated in-clinic support team empowered to be involved more deeply in care
- Structured schedules that give you time to catch your breath—you’ll work a single flow per shift (exam, urgent, or procedure)
- Grow your skills and career path how you want with mentorship programs, support for CE, and clear career growth paths
- A growth oriented organization ever evolving to build a better place for all
- Thoughtful onboarding and training that’s customizable for your individual needs
- An in-house technology platform built to reduce the time you spend on admin tasks and take the headache out of record-keeping
- A vibrant, supportive, blame-free culture made up of people who are all here to change veterinary medicine for the better
What does a Modern Animal Lead Veterinarian do?
- Lead a team of veterinarians by modeling excellent medical practice
- Mentor associate doctors regarding the improvement of individual performance with respect to client satisfaction, teamwork, medical quality, record keeping, and efficiency
- Empower the care team to deliver an unparalleled client experience
- Collaborate with the clinic manager to drive the clinic’s overall performance as it relates to medical quality, member experience, and employee engagement while fostering an environment of continuous learning and development
- Embody and encourage the Modern Animal culture of self-compassion and a blame- and judgment-free work environment
- Lead and participate in initiatives that support the well-being of the clinical team by making the veterinary profession both joyful and sustainable
To help you live well:
- Guaranteed salaries
- Sign-on bonus
- No non-competes
- Annual CE allowance and paid CE days
- Paid time off, paid sick time, paid parental leave, and paid holidays
- Stellar benefits package including health, dental, vision, and 401K with a company match
- Free membership to One Medical for primary care
- Access to Ginger for behavioral and mental health support
- Free membership to Modern Animal and discount services for your pets
To apply, you must have:
- Prefer at least 1 year of experience managing & leading teams of Veterinarians and 5+ years of experience as a Veterinarian
- Graduate of an AVMA-accredited veterinary school or completed requirements to practice in the United States
- Active license to practice veterinary medicine in California required at the start of employment
- License must be in good standing with no malpractice or disciplinary actions
The pay range for this position is $153,000 - $216,000 annually; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and equity grant units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the California Pay Transparency Act. Base pay information is based on geographic location.
We believe an equitable and inclusive work environment and a diverse, empowered team are key to achieving our mission. We’re not looking for candidates who are “culture fits.” We’re looking for candidates who can expand our culture and challenge business as usual. We strive to foster an environment where all staff can bring their whole selves to work, by their own definition, and we strive to provide all candidates with an equitable and accessible recruitment process.
We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics.
In addition to federal law requirements, we comply with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
If we can offer accommodations for you in the recruitment process, or if you have feedback on how to make our recruiting more equitable or accessible, please let us know!
Something looks off?