Chief Financial Officer
Accounting & Finance
Remote · New York, NY, USA
Posted on Tuesday, August 29, 2023
At Heyday, we’re cutting through the noise in the skincare industry to help you discover your healthiest skin, so you can put your best face forward. With locations across the country, we provide personalized facial treatments and everyday skincare guidance from our expert estheticians, along with powerful products that let you feel the difference.
We’ve been named “Best Facial” by New York Magazine, performed over 500,000 facials, tried countless products, and have been collecting valuable skincare data the entire way.
Oh, and the word Heyday... it means the period of your life when you’re at your prime. We believe every day should be your Heyday – we happen to start with skin.
About the Role
The Chief Financial Officer will be a key member of the executive team, responsible for overseeing all financial aspects of the company. The CFO will play a critical role in financial planning, analysis, and decision-making, ensuring the company's financial health and sustainability. This position demands a seasoned financial leader with strong analytical skills, strategic thinking, and the ability to provide insightful recommendations to support the company's growth objectives. This role must be located within close proximity of New York City.
What You’ll Do
- Financial Strategy and Planning:
- Collaborate with the CEO and senior management team to develop and execute the company's financial strategy and long-term financial planning.
- Provide financial insights and projections to support key business decisions.
- Financial Reporting and Analysis:
- Oversee the preparation of accurate and timely financial statements, including profit and loss statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements for all shops and business units
- Conduct regular financial analysis to identify trends, risks, and opportunities, presenting findings to the executive team and the Board of Directors.
- Supervise and direct the accounting team in day-to-day financial operations, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, and payroll functions.
- Oversee month-end and year-end closing processes to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting.
- Maintain the integrity of financial data and records, ensuring adherence to accounting principles and company policies.
- Develop and implement accounting policies and procedures to enhance internal controls and financial accuracy.
- Budgeting and Forecasting:
- Lead the budgeting and forecasting process, ensuring alignment with strategic objectives and operational priorities.
- Monitor financial performance against budgets and forecasts, providing variance analysis and recommendations for corrective actions when necessary.
- Cash Flow Management:
- Implement effective cash flow management strategies to optimize working capital, liquidity, and financial stability.
- Evaluate investment opportunities and provide recommendations for prudent financial investments.
- Risk Management:
- Identify and assess financial risks and implement risk management strategies to safeguard the company's assets and interests.
- Ensure compliance with financial regulations and reporting requirements.
- Capital Structure and Financing:
- Manage the company's capital structure and financing options, seeking opportunities to optimize debt and equity mix.
- Oversee relationships with financial institutions and investors.
- Financial Operations:
- Ensure the effectiveness and efficiency of financial processes, systems, and controls.
- Streamline financial operations to improve accuracy and reduce costs.
- Team Leadership and Development:
- Lead and mentor the finance and accounting team, fostering a culture of high performance, continuous improvement, and professional growth.
- Develop succession plans to build a strong finance talent pipeline.
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, business administration, or a related field. MBA or CPA preferred.
- Proven track record of at least 12-15 years of executive-level finance leadership experience, ideally within a brick and mortar and/or franchised company.
- Thorough understanding of accounting and financial planning, analysis, and reporting principles.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing financial strategies that support business growth.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to interpret complex financial data and trends.
- Excellent communication and presentation abilities, capable of conveying financial information to non-financial stakeholders effectively.
- In-depth knowledge of financial regulations, compliance, and best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams and executive leadership.
- Proven leadership skills to motivate results through both direct reports and cross-functional relationships
- Enthusiasm for developing systems and processes across a growing organization
- Equal parts tactical and strategic, willing and able to roll up their sleeves but with a long term vision and an understanding of how to get there
- Strong writing skills, strategic thinker, creative eye, and outstanding attention to detail
- Inclusive, empathetic, discerning, curious, and devoted to the customer
At Heyday, we’re committed to the happiness and well-being of our employees and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off (every employee needs time to rest, recharge, and pivot the mind)
- Comprehensive Health, Dental, Vision & FSA Benefits (for you & available for dependents)
- Discounted Facials & Skincare Products (staff facials at $5, products at 35% off, and discounts for family & friends)
- Paid Parental Leave (for any parents, with a flexible return-to-work program)
Heyday is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.
This is a remote position.
Compensation: $250,000.00 - $275,000.00 per year