Engineering Manager, DevOps
BitGo is the leader in digital asset financial services, providing institutional investors with liquidity, custody, and security solutions. Founded in 2013, BitGo pioneered the multi-signature wallet and is the first digital asset company to focus exclusively on serving institutional clients. Active in both centralized and decentralized finance, BitGo offers market leading trading, lending, and borrowing services through its prime brokerage services and acts as the custodian for WBTC, the leading global stablecoin for Bitcoin. In 2020, BitGo launched BitGo Portfolio and Tax, providing clients with a full-stack solution for digital assets. In 2018, it launched BitGo Trust Company, the first qualified custodian purpose-built for storing digital assets. BitGo processes approximately 20% of all global Bitcoin transactions, and supports over 600 coins and tokens. BitGo provides the security and operational backbone for more than 1500 institutional clients in 50 countries, including many regulated entities and the world’s top cryptocurrency exchanges and platforms. BitGo is backed by Goldman Sachs, Craft Ventures, Digital Currency Group, DRW, Galaxy Digital Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, and Valor Equity Partners.
BitGo is looking for an Engineering Manager who will join our DevOps team in the United States (Pacific Time).
- Lead and develop a team of talented and high-impact engineers, providing cultural, technical, and hands-on leadership
- Grow the team and actively help shape the culture of open communication, craftsmanship, and ownership
- Provide regular coaching to your team and the broader engineering department
- Take direct responsibility for quality and delivery of the team’s work
- Manage end-to-end availability and performance of critical services
- Own, drive, and be accountable to KPIs pertaining to reliability, resiliency, durability, and uptime
- Drive work based on goals and measurable outcomes
- Engage with the team as a technical leader during production incidents and in driving project execution
- Encourage best practices in engineering design and usability, leading by example
- Facilitate thorough documentation and knowledge sharing
- Resolve escalations arising from operations and work with various teams to solve problems
- Collaborate with management and product teams to plan, estimate, and prioritize roadmap objectives
- Work closely with company leadership to identify upcoming opportunities and risks
- Align the team to broader company objectives and client expectations
Skills & Experience:
We are looking for teammates who share and practice our values: open communication, transparency, taking ownership, and a high level of craftsmanship. We are looking for coworkers who share our vision and mission: deliver trust in digital assets.
- 6+ years of experience in a DevOps or Site Reliability role
- 2+ years of experience successfully leading geographically distributed teams of 4+ engineers
- Hands-on experience with managing cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCP, or Azure)
- Strong experience working with Kubernetes workloads in production environments
- Strong experience working with CI/CD tooling
- Strong familiarity with tools like Prometheus, Grafana, Alertmanager, Loki and ELK
- Strong desire to automate where possible
- Experience in participating in and organizing on-call rotations
- Proven experience sourcing and hiring top engineering talent
- Experience working in a cross-team environment, collaborating with and enabling other functions to drive broader departmental goals
- A self-starter capable of adapting quickly and being decisive
- Engineering degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
Why Join BitGo?
Disrupting an industry takes vision, innovation, passion, technical chops, drive to deliver, collaboration, and execution. Join a team of great people who strive for excellence and personify our corporate values of ownership, craftsmanship, and open communication. We are looking for new colleagues who bring innovative ways of thinking and problem solving, and who want risks to be part of the team that changes the world’s financial markets.
Here are some of the benefits* of working at BitGo:
- Competitive base salary, bonus and stock options
- 100% company paid health insurance for employee, partner and dependents
- 4% 401k company match
- Paid parental leave, paid vacation
- Free commute and parking pass; 5 min from Caltrain
- Free custom lunches, dinners and snacks
- Computer equipment and workplace furniture to suit your needs
- Great colleagues and inspiring startup environment
- Benefits vary based on location
Cryptocurrencies are the most disruptive change the financial services industry has seen in years. Join us and you’ll be able to look back and say you were part of the team that transformed investing.
Pay Transparency Notice: Depending upon your leveling and location, the compensation for this role averages between $170,000 - $220,000 USD base salary. Equity, an annual performance bonus and the benefits outlined below are also a part of this role's package.