Staff Accountant, Revenue
Accounting & Finance
Bogotá, Bogota, Colombia
Posted on Tuesday, August 8, 2023
As a physician-founded and led organization, ensuring everyone has access to quality healthcare is what inspires us. That’s why we hire people who genuinely care about patients, solving healthcare challenges, and making a positive impact every day. Join us and help change the future of healthcare for the better.
• 120+ locations and growing, along with vast virtual coverage
• 1 million+ patients to-date
• 2,000+ caring clinicians and support staff serving their communities
• Backed by investors such as CVS Health Ventures and Blackstone Horizon
To effectively review your experience, please provide a resume in English. The ability to read, write, and speak the English language is required.
THE JOB AT A GLANCE
In this exciting role, you will be a member of the Finance team and will make a meaningful impact as you invent the foundation and grow the accounting function in partnership with the Corporate Controller. In this fast-growing, dynamic company, you will collaborate with Carbon’s internal teams and provide a framework for the business to measure and understand performance. Join Carbon and make a difference!
What You'll Do:
- Assist with the monthly billing process
- Keep an accurate record of client accounts and outstanding balances
- Respond timely to internal billing requests from our Sales teams
- Please review and update account and invoicing data in our billing system
- Investigate invoicing and payment discrepancies
- Record payments to member accounts and lead outstanding payment collection efforts
- Perform periodic reporting of collection progress
- Partner with our Sales team to research and respond to customer billing inquiries
- Assists in ensuring best practice controls are maintained around the billing process and assists in special projects
- Investigates, identifies root causes, and resolve complex billing issues in collaboration with other teams
- Escalates high-impact issues as may be needed and coordinates resolution with IT and business partner teams
- Maintains strong working relationships with business partners across various teams
- Other duties as may be assigned
- 3+ years of progressive experience in a billing and collections role
- Knowledge of Billing, Account Analysis, and /or Collection, preferably
- Advanced communications skills in English: written and oral
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- An ability to work cross-functionally and collaborate with various teams in the organization
- Proven organizational skills, with high attention to detail, critical thinking skills, and a strong personal commitment to meeting deadlines
- Experience using Excel, NetSuite, and other tools like Salesforce, Stripe, etc
- Well-organized with multitasking skills
Carbon Health is a leading national healthcare provider with a mission to make high-quality healthcare accessible to everyone. We offer primary and urgent care to nearly two-thirds of the U.S. Leveraging our unique technology platform, we provide patients with omnichannel care, designed to meet them where they are by delivering care across a variety of access points, including in-person clinics, virtual care and remote patient monitoring (RPM). Carbon Health also focuses on value-based care and other value-add services to employers, health plans, health systems and other ecosystem partners.
We recognize that the key to success lies in valuing the minds, experiences and perspectives of people from all walks of life. Carbon Health is proud to value diversity and be an equal opportunity employer. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.